eViscera

2005-02-01

Down syndrome youth used as suicide bomber: TheAge.com

Amar was 19, but he had the mind of a four-year-old. This handicap didn't stop the insurgency's hard men as they strapped explosives to his chest and guided him to a voting centre in suburban Al-Askan.


...And that's what we're up against.

Ali Ibn Abi Talib encountered a man called 'Umru and told him, "I indeed invite you to Islam." 'Umru said, "I do not need that." Ali said, "Then I call you to fight." (This was the same policy Muhammad used with those who rejected his invitation.) 'Umru answered him, "What for my nephew? By God, I do not like to kill you." Ali said, "But, by God, I love to kill you."
--ibn Hisham, "The Biography of the Prophet", part 3, p. 113; see also Al Road Al Anf part 3, p. 263.


They're coming for you, 'Umru.